Rachelle's Birthday

Donovan Birthday

February 1, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Is the theme for Valentine’s Day this year,

instead of buying valentine’s we made our own and the kids had a blast.

With a nifty saying “YOU COLOR MY WORLD

Take your old broken crayons and recycle them in to new ones, and this is how we did it!!

 

We broke them all into small pieces first,

IMG_0606 

Placed the broken crayons into heart molds.

IMG_0604

Place them in a 250 degree oven for 12 mins or until melted (liquid)

 

IMG_0605

these are half melted below so keep going

IMG_0607

Once all the way melted take out of oven place molds on an plate

and stick in freezer for about 10mins until cool.

Then you end up with cool heart shape crayons that are recycled to something new.

IMG_0608

58 of these guys a lot of fun and each one is different!!!!!

 

I also made gifts for the kids,I reused an old deck of card and turned them into Valentine’s Coupons for the kids.

IMG_0628

And a travel Art Case out of fabric i had,

IMG_0631

IMG_0629 IMG_0630

and reusable bags for all the kids little stuff to go in there bags,

IMG_0633 IMG_0632

I had a lot of fun doing all these projects from things,

I already had on had and felt good to teach the kids its okay to reuse old things to create new!!!

And Donovan loves the 3 R’s Reduce, reuse, recycle he was singing this song by Jack Johnson

while we where making the crayon hearts and I loved it!!!! :)

No comments: